JRS is hiring a caseworker to join our amazing team!
We’re searching for an experienced, professional caseworker, with a passion for and a commitment to ensuring the rights of people seeking asylum.
The JRS Arrupe Project Caseworker position is responsible for providing accompaniment, casework services, and advocacy support to people in the process if seeking asylum in Australia.
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. JRS works in situations of greatest need, where people are most vulnerable, where there are gaps in services and where partnerships can be formed to better serve people seeking safety.
In Australia, JRS works to uphold the rights of people who are in the process of seeking asylum and aims to support people to empower themselves, to live meaningful and dignified lives while feeling welcomed and connected to a more fair and just community.
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, welfare or another relevant discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive casework experience, including conducting assessments, providing information and referrals, and managing complex cases.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues faced by asylum seekers and refugees living in Australia.
- Capacity to manage competing deadlines, prioritise workload appropriately and work in flexible manner.
- Sound oral, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Competent in using MS Office and online database/reporting systems.
- Commitment to working within current EEO, WH&S, and child protection legislation.
- Direct experience working with asylum seekers or refugees.
- Proficiency in a relevant community language.